Centro de Estudos Avançados em Democracia Digital (CEADD), Brazil. OR Centre of Advanced Studies on Digital Democracy. http://www.ceadd.com.br/
Abstract and key words of the research
My research aims to map the experiences of electronic participatory budgeting (ePBs) worldwide, trying to understand where, when and why ICT were employed in ePBs processes. My focus is especially on e-participation and online deliberation cases, in which I try to understand wethere there is a trend (or main uses) in these different uses of ICTs in PB processes.
Key-words : e-democracy ; e-participation ; e-participatory budgeting.
Five most relevant publications
– SAMPAIO, R. C. ; BRAGATTO, R. C. ; NICOLAS, M. A. . Internet and politics in review: An analysis on the profile of Brazilian papers presented between 2000 and 2011. Journal of Latin American Communication Research, v. 3, p. 77-102, 2013. Available at : http://alaic.net/journal/index.php/jlacr/article/view/67
– SAMPAIO, R. C. ; MAIA, R. C. M. ; MARQUES, F. P. J. A. . Participation and Deliberation on the Internet: A case study on Digital Participatory Budgeting in Belo Horizonte. Journal of Community Informatics, v. 7, p. 1-22, 2011. Available at : http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/article/view/654
– SAMPAIO, R. C. ; BARROS, S. A. R. . CAN NEWS SITES STIMULATE ONLINE DELIBERATION? a study of readers comments posted on folha.com. Brazilian Journalism Research (Online), v. 8, p. 188-205, 2012. Available at : http://bjr.sbpjor.org.br/bjr/article/view/474
– NICOLAS, M. A. ; BRAGATTO, R. C. ; SAMPAIO, R. C. . Internet and Politics studies in Brazil: mapping the characteristics and disparities of the research field. Brazilian Political Science Review, v. 7, p. 114-140, 2013. Available at : http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S1981-38212013000200005&script=sci_abstract
– WAMPLER, B. ; SAMPAIO, R. C. ; HERZBERG, C. ; FRANZKE, J. . Co-Governance in Belo Horizonte. In: Bertelsmann Stiftung. (Org.). Vitalizing Democracy Through Participation. 1ed.Güterlosh: Verlag Bertelsmann Stiftung, 2011, v. 1, p. 35-51. Available at : http://participedia.net/sites/default/files/case-files/241_304_Case_Study_Belo_Horizonte.pdf