Institute for Electronic Participation
Abstract and key words of the research
Simon Delakorda, M.Sc., is eDemocracy / eParticipation practitioner & researcher and founding director of non-governmental organization the Institute for Electronic Participation in Ljubljana (www.inepa.eu). Starting in year 2000, he participated in an early digital democracy projects within university and NGO’s sector in Slovenia. He is an author and co-author of articles and case studies and conference speaker on democracy, political participation, active citizenship, non-governmental organizations and governments on-line. He received political science B.Sc. degree on e-democracy in 2002 and M.Sc. degree on e-participation in 2009. Currently, he is Ph.D. student of Social Informatics at the Faculty of Social Sciences in Ljubljana. He worked as an e-democracy course associate and researcher at the Faculty of Social Sciences in Ljubljana, as co-founder and head of the Centre of Electronic Democracy at the Institute of Ecology and as an e-democracy associate at the Arctur IT Company Ltd. During 2006-2007 he coordinated and managed the E-participacija web portal and facilitated the first successful e-democracy project in Slovenia – the Citizen’s Forum. In 2007 he founded the Institute for Electronic Participation (INePA). His current projects and research focus include political informatics, democratic challenges of digital society, e-participation at the EU level and civil society based e-democracy. His memberships include the UNDESA Working group on Measuring and Evaluating e-Participation (METEP), Slovenian Political Science Association, Demonet: the eParticipation network of Excellence, CEE CN eParticipation experts group and Association of the Slovene NGO’s managers. He received awards and experts recognitions as an e-democracy student, expert and facilitator.
political informatics, grass-roots digital democracy, non-governmental electronic participation, electronic public sphere
Five most relevant publications
– Delakorda, Simon. 2013. The electronic public sphere of non-governmental organizations? (PhD Colloquium paper presented at 5th International conference on eParticipation, 17-19 September 2013 Koblenz, Germany).
– Delakorda, Simon and Matej Delakorda. 2009. Contribution to democratization of the EU Council presidency: NGO’s eparticipation portal Predsedovanje.si. In Electronic participation: proceedings of ongoing research, general development issues and projects of ePart 2009, eds. Efthimios Tambouris and Ann Macintosh, 147-156. ePart 2009, 1st International conference Linz, Austria, September 1-3, 2009. Linz: Trauner Verlag Universität.
– Delakorda, Simon and Matej Delakorda. 2009. E-participation – a new sphere of NGO activity? Civil Society Forum, Bratislava 2009. CEE Trust.
– Delakorda, Simon. 2007. Citizens’ forum: the first successful eDemocracy initiative in the Republic of Slovenia? In Expanding the knowledge economy: issues, applications, case studies, eds. Paul Cunningham and Miriam Cunningham, 449-459. Amsterdam: Ios Press.
– Delakorda, Simon. 2006. Models of democracy and the design of Slovenian political party websites. In Social informatics: an information society for all? In remembrance of Rob Kling, ed. International Federation for Information Processing, 279-295. Proceedings of the seventh international conference on human choice and computers (HCC7), Maribor, Slovenia, September 21-23, 2006.